Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Tracer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It freezes my whole computer when i try to start up the games or ill get stuck on a black screen.

And it will tell me i do not have enough memory to start the game.

I do benchmarks it runs good but when i try to start up a games it wont even load.

Then sometimes it will just go on a black screen for no reason i could be on youtube and the screen will go black and i will have to reset it. it happen almost every 45 minutes to 1 hour but thats only on youtube and google games wont even start.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@TerryMcGee12505 , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, 4NN71AA#ABA is the product number.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @TerryMcGee12505!  Thank you for the additional information.

According to the system requirements for the games that you mentioned, your computer should run them at maximum settings without any problems.  The first thing that you should do is make certain that all of your software and drivers are up to date.  I use HP Support Assistant and Windows Update.  Also, I suggest installing the latest nVidia driver for your GTX 1650.  Install any patches that are available for the games.  If you are using Steam this is done for you.  Here is a guide to help you improve gaming performance.  Also, you can use this guide to test for hardware failures.  It could be that you have some failed memory.

Once you have done all of these things let me know if there is any change in performance.  If not, we will go to the next step.

HP Recommended

Everything is updated but i still cant launch my games i checked the the launchers and they said that all my games were up to date and by the way the guides that you sent me are not re routing i click them and nothing is happening i dont know if it has something to do with my pc or if its just the link thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @TerryMcGee12505!

You will have to right click on the links, select"Open Link in New Tab" and they should work for you!  Something is not working correctly on the Forums.  Once you have completed using the Guides, let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

Okay i did what you instructed i did everything on the guides and it still wasn't working so i did a test to see if anything was failing  and it was working for a little bit then an error popped and froze my whole computer 

HP Recommended

@TerryMcGee12505, these symptoms make me believe that you have a failed component.  I am not certain which one.  However, it appears that your computer is still under warranty.  I recommend that you contact the seller for help.  If you bought it from HP Store, you should contact HP Customer Support.

HP Recommended

Okay thank you for all your help.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @TerryMcGee12505!  I am always glad to help.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.