Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 25X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 25X monitor that is supposed to support 144Hz refresh rate. BUT only 60Hz and lower are choices showing in display properties when I try to personalize my display. I've downloaded and installed the latest driver for my display.

How do I get my monitor to function at is optimal refresh rate with my system. This new monitor is the weak point in my gaming setup:

- OS Windows 10, Home (64 bit)

- Asus Maximus XI Z390 Gaming motherboard*

- Intel Core i7 9700K 8-core 3.6GHz (4.9GHz turbo)

- 32GB(2-16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz Ballistix (Micron) memory

- Samsung 970 EVO 1T B SSD m.2 N Vme

- Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 8G

- Corsair H100i Hydro Liquid cooler system

- 2 front panel USB ports with 5.25" mounting adapter

- USB front panel 3.0 PCI-e card

- USB front panel 2-USB 3.0 ports

- display port HDMI adapter with my ASUS VX248 

- display port DVI adapter being used with my HP 25X 

- XFINITY PRO - LAN Network Connection - 150MB/sec.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @dcalves1 

I dont have that monitor but I read that it does run 1080p at 144hz.

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/dc/api/spec-sheet/ww-en/21769081/pdf/3WL50AA.pdf

Go to your Windows display settings, hit the Advanced Display settings button at the bottom of the page. Under the monitor listing, hit Display adapter properties for display #. In the pop up hit the monitor tab, and change the drop down menu to 144Hz.

But in your post you said..

Please explain. If you are using an adapter over DP, that could be the bottleneck. Ive read reviews that said they had to go DP to DP to obtain 144hz.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @dcalves1 

I dont have that monitor but I read that it does run 1080p at 144hz.

https://pcb.itcs.hp.com/dc/api/spec-sheet/ww-en/21769081/pdf/3WL50AA.pdf

Go to your Windows display settings, hit the Advanced Display settings button at the bottom of the page. Under the monitor listing, hit Display adapter properties for display #. In the pop up hit the monitor tab, and change the drop down menu to 144Hz.

But in your post you said..

Please explain. If you are using an adapter over DP, that could be the bottleneck. Ive read reviews that said they had to go DP to DP to obtain 144hz.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I just picked two of these bad boys up today at my local BB. I had the same issue using display ports. Entering in the monitors settings first do the following: (Use the buttons under the monitor)

Step 1: Select "Image Control"

Step 2: Select "Response Time"

Step 3: Set this to level 5 (Fastest)

Step 4: Exit out of the monitor menus and then enter back into the icon that looks like a magnifier glass using the monitor keys. 

Step 5: Enable Freesync

Now you should be able to open up the Nvidia control panel and select 1920 x 1080 144 (Note its below the first group of choices and is under the group "PC"Nvidia.JPG

Also, dont forget to take advantage of Nvidia supporting these monitors for G-SYNC/FreeSync.

Nvidia 2.JPG

HP Recommended

Tried your way and it worked perfectly in just a few seconds.

You've made my day. 

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm not seeing the set up G-Sync option in my Nvidia control panel... is there anything I can do to make it show up? My set up is a razer blade stealth with an i78550U 16gb RAM and im using the razer core X external GPU with a Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super. Monitor is the HP 25x. I got the 144HZ refresh rate with no problem but I can't set up the G-sync for the life of me. Any help? 

HP Recommended

You have to turn on free sync on the monitor first.  Click the left-most button twice, and goto  "Color Control" and then "Viewing Modes".  Select "Gaming - Free Sync".  Your monitor will flicker and when  it turns back on it will say "AMD Free Sync Enabled".  Next you have togo into Nvidia Control Panel and turn on gsync.  hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hi ... I just bought a Hp 25mx screen but there is no (Gaming - Free) in "Viewing Modes" my setting monitor

There is only gaming in  "Viewing Modes"

"i need help ""

HP Recommended

Click on viewing modes, you will see it there

HP Recommended

i just have "gaming " in   viewing modes 

HP Recommended

No one can help me :"(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.