Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, so about a month ago I made a post in HP support about my computer having a broken hinge. A member of the HP support team reached out to me and said I had a few options for going about this. Option 1 I pay $300 dollars to send my computer in and get the hinge replaced. Option 2, I receive a $250 value to the HP store to purchase an new unit. However when I contacted the support member about what I wanted to do, they did not respond. I then made the same post and was told to reach out to the HP phone support team, but when I try to talk to them I'm directed back to the HP virtual assistant, and if I want to actually talk to someone I get charged a fee. I would like to talk to someone on the HP support team over the phone but apparently that's a near impossible task. Please help me. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Macgyver10 

Personal Observation

Yes, getting Out-of-Warranty support can be convoluted, messy.  It is not always easy to wade through the morass.

Yes, part of the problem is that your computer is not in Warranty - just this much can make it more difficult to submit a case to HP and have HP accept that case.  If, on top of the case submission, you want HP to pay for the repair, things can go a different direction.  We don't have any influence on that process, by the way.  None.

What about the Community?

You have been in contact with two Community agents - these are indeed actual HP people but during the time agents are working on the Community they are not working in full capacity as would be the case when you submit a case to HP Support.  Our Community agents are also at the mercy of the processes used in the Community to forward requests to HP.

Why?

HP has no official presence on the Community. 

"We" are staffed by excellent volunteers.

"We" are not HP Support.

Enough talk.

Request for an Assist

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I guess my question now is, is there a way to contact HP directly, rather than through through the community agents. I've tried going through their website as well as calling and have had no success. How do I directly contact HP Support?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @Macgyver10

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.