Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen HP Gaming Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Omen Gaming Desktop Computer recently got a Virus, it wouldnt let me factory reset my computer, so I saved my files to an External Drive, then used another computer to store a Microsoft Windows Installation .exe onto 2nd External Drive. I booted my Omen Gaming Desktop Computer and installed Windows again, and then I formatted all of my drives that it would allow me to to be safe.

I reinstall Windows, but notice the Omen Desktop, and the Red Omen Icon that shows in the taskbar at the bottom was gone. Its features that would show up when it was clicked on was gone (since Icon isnt there I assume its gone) And the Red Light that should be shown through my computer is replaced by a paleish pinkish light instead of the cool blood red color.

No big deal I suppose. My files are here and thats what I care about. But the thing I notice is that whenever I turn off the computer and then turn it back on, it brings up the Blue Error Screen with the : ( face on it saying there was an error and its rebooting it back up. Which it always does successfully, so I guess it technically doesnt prevent me from going to my computer like normal, but I figured something was up. I figured this whole thing was because I partitioned all the drives I could, but figured Id ask. Was just wondering what you guys think the problem is, and how to solve it?

Edit:Also  whenever I restart the computer, the Blue Screen Error does not come on. Its only when the computer is turned off. And then turned back on, does the Blue Screen Error 😞 come on. It only takes like 8 seconds for it to go 0% to 100%, and then load normally, so I guess technically Im not prohibited from doing my normal stuff, its just I know its technically not supposed to do that if it was in working order, so i figured id ask

Serial number is [edited]

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @superluccix 

What is the Product Number of your Omen?

If you rapidly tap the F1 key at power-on, it will bring up an info menu before Windows boots.

If you used the MS ISO directly from Microsoft, then ya the HP software that came preinstalled will be gone now because it wasn't reinstalled with that ISO.

I'm confused as to what you mean when you said you partitioned all the drives? If you install direct from the MS ISO, its best to disconnect any other disks that are connected except the one the OS is going on, then do a custom install and delete any and all existing partitions on that drive, then continue with the OS install.

You might do well to download the HP Recovery version of the operating system and install that instead. Let me know what that product number is and I can point you to it.

HP Recommended

My Product Key is  4NM65AA#ABA

When I was booting from the External Toshiba Drive, which had the Microsoft installation on it. It showed a screen which had all the drives I had on the computer. the Word Format was something I was allowed to click on for almost all of the drives listed, some of them were not able to be formatted. so I decided to Format all the ones I could, guessing I shouldnt have done that.

But yeah if there is anyway I could get the  normal bootup of Omen Gaming Desktop that would be great really. 

HP Recommended

"so I decided to Format all the ones I could, guessing I shouldnt have done that."

Um.. Yep you shouldn't have done that. Better to ask before you do something that drastic if you don't know what you're doing. I have no idea what you have done to your machine so I cannot guess whats there or not. I recommend you do a clean install to the ssd.

You have the install ISO on a Toshiba USB pen drive, correct?

Before you reinstall again, disconnect the 1 TB hard drive and any other secondary drives you might have installed.

Leave the SSD in place as that is where the OS is going to be installed.

Boot into the USB pen drive and do a CUSTOM installation. There is where you want to delete all the partitions showing, then let the installation continue.

When its done, unplug the USB pen drive and boot into Windows. Make sure its working now and run Windows updates as needed.

THEN reconnect the 1TB hard drive and any other drives.

Does it work now? If you have any questions about what I said above, ask me.

HP Recommended

This didnt work. I shut down computer. Booted up from the External hard Drive Toshiba that had Windows on it. Removed everything other than the SSD where the Windows would be installed. I deleted them, not formatted. So then I go through the installation process again. I then shut down my computer, to then turn it manually on again, and first thing that shows up is the same Blue Screen with the 😞 Error on it. After it loads past that, the computer loads normally.

Is there anyway I can download like....an Omen Gaming Installer or some sort? Since the Red Light that normally shines through the glass door of the PC is still a dimmer pinkish color instead of the Blood Red its supposed to be.

Unless you got any other ideas

HP Recommended

I recommend you contact HP Support directly since you are still under warranty.

They can work with you more directly to determine if you have a hardware issue.

If so, they can get it fixed for you.

Use this link... Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.