Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop 870-230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I factory reset my computer but when I set it back up it ran much worse. Things open slower, programs don't run as well(Games and other software). I didn't install any software or doing anything else with it. The only thing I did was update my graphics card driver. I have been fiddling around with stuff for a couple months but it has only gotten a little better from before.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC's specs (Link) are very good for 2017. Your PC should still run fast in 2019.

I would run HP Hardware Diagnostics (Link). This suggestion is relying on your assurance: the operating system has all updates installed, you have not installed any drivers or software which could affect system performance, and the system is malware free.

Graphics card driver updates should not deprecate system performance. Did your PC run better before updating the graphics card driver?

HP Diagnostics:

Start the PC

Tap "ESC"

Select "F2"

Run System and Component tests.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.