Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I turned of my hp omen after playing siege than when i turned it back on it stayed at a black screen. I tired to listen if i could hear anything but nothing. Than i switched HDMI’s. And the monitor turned on but says the HDMI ports are inactive 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Mikeqny 

Can you tell me the full model or product number of your omen?

Which HDMI ports are you using?

If your Omen Desktop has a dedicated video card, you can only use the HDMI port on that card.

The HDMI port on the motherboard IO shield will not work.

Like this example photo.....

Omen 880 ports.jpg

If you unplug the power cord, then hold down the power button for 10 seconds, then plug the power cord back in and turn on the computer, does the monitor work now?

HP Recommended

@photoray002 i held the power button after unplugging and it did turn on then i hit restart and then  it stayed at a black screen again 

HP Recommended

Tower#vqb61AA

Monitor z7Y57Aq#ADA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.