Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kris161
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to upgrade my GPU.

I have HP 2B47 Mother Board and 500W power supply and i would like to know if its possible to upgrade my gpu to Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6GB GDDR5

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to upgrade my GPU.

Greetings Kris161,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

You should have no problems upgrading the Odense motherboard to a GTX 1060.

The Zotac is about seven inches in length and requires a supplemental PCIe six pin PSU connection.

Verify the card fits in the chassis and check the PSU for a PCIe combo six/eight pin connector. Most 500 watt PSUs have this PCIe connector.

To have a seamless upgrade the following steps should be taken before you install the new graphics card:

1. Uninstall the current graphics drivers until you are using Windows generic graphics drivers.

2. Enter the BIOS. Disable Secure boot. Enable Legacy boot. Save and exit to restart your PC.

Then enter the confirmation code to complete the change. Shut down.

Disconnect the PC from AC power. Remove the side panel. Work in an ESD free environment. Periodically touch a metal part of the chassis before and while you install the new graphics card. Invest in an anti-static wrist strap for extra protection from ESD. Handle the graphics card by the plastic shroud. Avoid any pressure on the fans while installing the graphics card.

Install the new graphics card. Please depress the x16 graphics card retention clip before removing an old discrete graphics card and installing a new graphics card to avoid damaging the x16 slot or either graphics card.

Install the latest Nvidia drivers.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation