Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok so what I want to do is keep every thing except the graphics card I want to upgrade it to the best graphics card posible that it can take with out changing anything else just the graphics card I heard I can put a  1050ti is that the best one.tell me exactly what I can put in it because I’ve looked at 1050 yo and I don’t know what to do.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-690-0000a/37730935/model/21858486...
You will have to check the dimensions of the card found
Compare with the one that is in place, so it will not be much larger

Dimensions: 4.4 in x 6.4 in
The 1050ti, we often do not need additional pci socket
You have to check this, and if necessary does your power supply have it
your original card is suitable for 55w max
the 1050ti not far from 75w, it should pass!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So can you tell me exactly which 1050ti I can put in it. Ok 

HP Recommended

no, there is a very large possibility of different models ...
More or less expensive, and obviously I can not indicate a model that I have not tested ..
You just have to follow what I recommended and make a choice

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So which one of these wold work.

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050Ti G1Gaming 4GB Graphic Card Black, Boost Clock 1506 MHz , GV-N105TG1GAMING-4GD.                                      REG/msi_geforce_gtx_1050_ti.html?ap=y&smp=y     

HP Recommended

Did you not understand what I said?
You have to see if you have enough space ...
The link you give:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1294296-REG/msi_geforce_gtx_1050_ti.html/specs?ap=y&smp=y
everything seems ok, but i can't tell if it can fit it is bigger:

Recommended System Power Requirement300 W

Height4.4" / 112.00 mm
Length8.5" / 215.00 mm

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Will that psu fit my computer

HP Recommended

@Yohan-pupo11 

NO, that PSU is not made for your computer's motherboard.

The HP 690 series computer utilize a unique HP designed PSU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.