Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 11

Ive got an omen 30L desktop, and ive owned it for about 6 months, its recently started getting incredibly hot for no reason that I can find on boot and then cooling off relativly quickly, the problem is that occasionally its been blackscreening me and saying, sorry, windows ran into a problem and then reebooting, I'm wondering if its maybe an issue with potentially old thermal paste if it was sitting in a wharehouse for a while or if its maybe an issue with windows 11 as i dont think I had this problem prior to switching from ten. and of course when I try to find info about my warranty the phone service is usless because it cant seem to differentiate between the number 2 and letter Q and the online service cant seem to find my product number or serial number

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@tomisbored212,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Its not just overheating like normal while under load, its exclusively on boot up that its overheating, it stays sub 70C under load pretty much no matter what I run.

There are two issues with your response. First of all you ignored that I said it was only on boot up, secondly, you completely failed yo acknowledge that I mentioned that your customer support is **bleep**

HP Recommended

Hi@tomisbored212,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Do you really think I havent tried? your customer support isnt worth a damm and is incapable of, for one, understanding singular letters and numbers, and for two, actually providing support

HP Recommended

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.