Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Desktop PC - 880-103nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-103nl and I just bought the OMEN PHOTON mouse which I tried to setup using Omen Command Center. It all started here : my OCC wasn't updating even if i tried all methods illustrated in this forum.

I uninstalled OCC, downloaded it from Microsoft store and when i run it, it says it has to update so when I do so, it gets back in the loop of install & reboot.

The first thing i noticed it was that when the PC reboots to update BIOS through the Omen Command Center update, it starts again with the installation in a loop of restarts. I saw that the BIOS wasn't updating so I tried to access BIOS manually and it didn't work because i just get a black screen.

I tried downloading the updates from the HP website ( latest BIOS update - F.52) but it didn't work: the update starts and it says the BIOS has been updated but it needs to restart and when it restarts nothing happens. It starts running Windows normally without any update. 

Can someone help me? 

I bought an OMEN keyboard and mouse to have the complete "kit" but i cannot configure them through OMEN Command Center because I cannot update it ( BIOS update problem).

Thanks to anyone who will answer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You mean you have uninstalled the OMCC from control panel completely and reinstall it from MS store ,and it doesn't work . right?

I think first of all ,you should update the windows and chipset driver or other related drivers to make sure your PC is update to date. Then , Try those ways install and uninstall OMCC ,update BIOS etc.

If all these methods do not work, you can contact the HP employees and feedback your problems

HP Recommended

I did any windows update and updated any kind of driver and it still doesn't allow me to update the BIOS.

How can i contact the HP employees? I cannot even find an email to write at.

It is really strange that my PC doesn't allow me even to acces the BIOS: the screen becomes black.

Might it be that I am using a display port cable and BIOS interface cannot support it? 

Thanks to who will answer my questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.