Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 790-0010 gaming desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i just purchased a 1660 super which requires at least a 450w psu but my worries is to make it fit. Right now I have a 310w psu but the case has a custom lach it sits in so idk if i were to put an atx one it and avoid that from happening and making sure the psu will have the connectors for the motherboard and an 8 pin for gpu or 6 + 2. If I could get an answer on this. That would be great. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MarvelHeRo , welcome to the forum.

Here is a chart that lists all of the compatible PSU's for your model:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

As you will see, the only PSU that is listed is the 310W.  It is very difficult to upgrade the PSU on these models because the motherboards have a proprietary 4-pin power connector.  I don't believe that there is an adapter that will make it possible.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@MarvelHeRo,

All of the PSU on that spreadsheet work with the computers listed. The 400W and 500W just add a PCIE 6+2 power plug.  Here is a video of the 790 and 795 PSU removal. Note the latch mechanism.  That proves the 500W will fit the chassis, as the 795 -0030qd handles the 310, 400, or 500W PSU unit. (See my spreadsheet) that Old_geekster linked.

Let me explain that:

1) All these PSU are physically the same dimensions.

2) The HP 590, 595 and 690 were early models.  (Sunflower and Lincs boards). PSU were 180 and 310W.

3) The HP 590, 595, and 690 chassis allow the physical PSU, but only allow 1 screw to hold with the 400W and 500W. That is not an issue because all the PSU slide into a latching mechanism, and click into place. Also the PSU's all lay in the bottom of the chassis.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

So does anyone now where I could find a power supply that is compatible with my pc or no. I already did know that they dont make much and the psu is custom to the motherboard as well but is there a bigger wattage that will work anywhere. 

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@MarvelHeRo,

HP Parts might have it.    Otherwise, do a google search.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.