Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN OBELISK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello people! I buy this computer yesterday and install a new 4tb rigid disc. And windows don’t recognize. I don’t realize what is the problem 

thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Loreaz1974 

Are you trying to add a 4TB hard drive as for data storage?

I assume you connected both the sata cable and the power cable, correct?

If so, type Disk Management in the Search bar and hit Enter.

You should see the disk. You can right click on it and initialize the drive and format it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/disk-management/initialize-new-disks

HP Recommended

@Loreaz1974 wrote:

Hello people! I buy this computer yesterday and install a new 4tb rigid disc. And windows don’t recognize. I don’t realize what is the problem 

thank you!

Ok. I did all that. I notice the disc it is no running. I see it in control panel but not see at desltop. I am really upset

HP Recommended

You'll have to post some screen shots so I can understand you better. Your terminology is confusing.

Could you post what you see in Disk Management please?

HP Recommended

Thanks, I have allready  mount it. Forgive my terminology. I don’t speak english very well. 

But thank you very much your answers . 👍

HP Recommended

No problem then. Glad its working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.