Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
880-160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to remove the graphics power connector from the motherboard. Or the card would not fit. I assume that is for cards with not needing power connectors? I will attach pictures. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild , welcome back to the forum.

I believe that you are correct.  If your card has supplemental connectors the GFX power should not be necessary.  The card is a monster.  I am surprised that it fits.  I had a 880-160se.  It is a great computer.  I was able to OC the 8700K to 5 GHz.  Ran like a dream.

I am wondering if you had a RTX 2080.  If so, is there a major difference?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild , welcome back to the forum.

I believe that you are correct.  If your card has supplemental connectors the GFX power should not be necessary.  The card is a monster.  I am surprised that it fits.  I had a 880-160se.  It is a great computer.  I was able to OC the 8700K to 5 GHz.  Ran like a dream.

I am wondering if you had a RTX 2080.  If so, is there a major difference?

HP Recommended

Fitment was a cake walk. Plenty of room even for a bigger card like the RTX 3090. The only issue I am having is heat coming off from the gpu back plate. It has raised my cpu temps significantly. I don't know about the 2080. But, I know the 3080 is 20% faster then a 2080 Ti. Which is why I skipped that card. Did you use omen command center to get 5GHz on that 8700K? What voltage offset did you use if so?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @FattysGoneWild!

Yes, I used OCC to OC the 8700K.  I allowed it to set all of the parameters.  I didn't change a thing and it was very stable while gaming.  I play Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sniper 2 and all of the COD series.

Did you upgrade the PSU?

HP Recommended

No psu upgrade needed. I made sure to order it the way I did for the future like now. It has a 750w 80 Plus Platinum psu. I used the intelligent oc feature myself as well. Clocked it at 5GHz. But, I backed it down to 4.7GHz.

HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild,

Did you run Superposition yet?

I am still using a 2080. I can't afford a 3080 at this time.

Regards

HP Recommended

I will post 1080p Extreme benchmark once I finish downloading it right now. Will edit post.

HP Recommended

I could not edit my post in time. But, here you go. GPU is stock and my 8700K @4.7GHz.

bench.PNG

HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild, I am not familiar with Superposition's numbers, so I don't know how good they are.  I am downloading it now.  I will run it on my Custom Build with a 9900K (OC'd to 5.026) and 2080 to see how it fairs.

HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild, I just ran Superposition and he are my results:

Benchmark - Superposition 10-3-20.PNG

Again, I have nothing to compare the results to, so I don't know if they are good or bad!  My CPU is OC's to 5.026 amd GPU is slighly OC'd.

I know when i run other Unigine benchmarks mine were the third highest for similar configurations.  The only other processors that beat mine were a 24 core and 48 core.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.