Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Windows is installing to my small hard drive by default .  Having restarted by PC I can't see an option to install it to my nearly 2TB hard drive, it only goes straight to my small one.  Is there a way to make windows download to my bigger drive?

I appreciate any help

AJRBB 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ajrbb, I really can't give you specifics without the full model of your computer.  I will tell you that if it were me, I would clone the small drive with Windows on it to the large drive and reformat the small drive.  This will assure that the small drive can't be used.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Ajrbb , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

I would like some more information before I help you further.  Are you certain that you are running Win 10 32-bit?  Also, how are you doing the install; USB Thumb drive, etc.?  Have you considered cloning the smaller drive to the larger drive?

HP Recommended

Hi Old Geekster

Appreciate the help.

The HP is HP Omen desk top 875-0. I bought it about 4 months ago. I did not realise that I was down loading everything to the small drive which is now nearly full.  I want to download everything to the much bigger hard drive, and I am happy not to use the smaller drive at all.

Not sure what windows it is, although something says 64 bit operating system and a 64 bit processor.

Windows comes pre-installed with the pc so it automatically starts installing when you first turn it on.

I don't know how to clone the smaller drive to the larger drive.

I have tried to reset the pc with the hope that it will give me the option to chose between what drive I want windows on but every time I have gone to reset, Windows automatically downloads to the small drive.

HP Recommended

@old_geekster,

Is it my imagination?  You asked for the complete model number of this 875, and he refused? What is so secret about an model number. This is a rampant issue on the forum.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Ajrbb, I really can't give you specifics without the full model of your computer.  I will tell you that if it were me, I would clone the small drive with Windows on it to the large drive and reformat the small drive.  This will assure that the small drive can't be used.

HP Recommended

@old_geekster,

What a shame the OP did not mention the exact model number.  You were in a void information-wise. Most HP 875 series unit have an NVMe 256GB  or 512GB SSD as the boot device. Changing to a standard SATA drive (data rate less than 500MB/s) versus the NVMe, (4 times faster) what a loss !🤐😢

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.