Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Cannot connect to the internet with ethernet cord. Have tried several different setup connections. Cannot tell if it's a firewall issue Windows Defender says it's not using the recommended settings but I quit use recommended settings and and then I've tried changing the network sharing and nothing. The internet was just working yesterday on my daughter's HP Pavilion gsming computer and now nothing.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HW2019

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Echo_Lake is at your service.

As I understand, you're unable to connect to internet using an ethernet cable, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 
  • (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • Do you see a light on ethernet port? 
  • Have you tried an alternate ethernet cable? 
  • Do you see an ethernet icon on the Windows taskbar? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: Click here

Step 1: Completing the network connection checklist

Step 2: Checking the network status in the Network and Sharing Center

Step 3: Setting advanced sharing options

Step 4: Using Windows 10 diagnostic and troubleshooting tools

Step 5: Reinstalling the network adapter software in Device Manager

Step 6: Updating the network drivers

Step 7: Using Microsoft System Restore

Step 8: Reset your computer

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.