01-01-2019 11:14 AM
Cannot connect to the internet with ethernet cord. Have tried several different setup connections. Cannot tell if it's a firewall issue Windows Defender says it's not using the recommended settings but I quit use recommended settings and and then I've tried changing the network sharing and nothing. The internet was just working yesterday on my daughter's HP Pavilion gsming computer and now nothing.
01-02-2019 03:26 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
Echo_Lake is at your service.
As I understand, you're unable to connect to internet using an ethernet cable,
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
- (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
- Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
- Do you see a light on ethernet port?
- Have you tried an alternate ethernet cable?
- Do you see an ethernet icon on the Windows taskbar?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: Click here
Step 1: Completing the network connection checklist
Step 2: Checking the network status in the Network and Sharing Center
Step 3: Setting advanced sharing options
Step 4: Using Windows 10 diagnostic and troubleshooting tools
Step 5: Reinstalling the network adapter software in Device Manager
Step 6: Updating the network drivers
Step 7: Using Microsoft System Restore
Step 8: Reset your computer
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee