Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it ok to get GTX1050TI low profile?

HP ENVY Desktop 750-414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

com.jpg

20171010_224038.jpg

I bought this computer last year, and I wonder if I can get a new graphics card.

I hope I can use GTX1050TI lp.

Should I change the power supply? I don't know how to open the case of power supply so I couldn't check the 6pin thing? on the power supply.

Which products should I buy to use GTX1050TI lp? Do I need more wires or something?

And would you recommend any good power supply to replace it?

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,770 5,758 544 1,203
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it ok to get GTX1050TI low profile?

Hi

You should be able to install a 1050 Ti.

You have a PCIe x16 3.0 slot for the graphics card.

The 1050 Ti requires a minimum 300 watt power supply.

What specific model are you looking at? Are you looking at a low profile 1050 Ti? I randomly looked at some options and noted none of the 1050 Ti cards reviewed require a six pin PCIe power connection.

Check out this EVGA 1050 Ti part number 04G-P4-6253 for illustrative purposes only. It is a dual slot card. The card is 5.78 inches long, does not require additional PCIe power connections, and will work with a 300 watt power supply.

You may not have to go with a low profile card if you can remove an adjacent rear I/O backplate to accommodate the dual slot design of this graphics card or any similar card by another manufacturer.

A low profile card will also work when installed in this motherboard.

Don't attempt to open the power supply enclosure. You could be zapped by dangerous voltages.

Always remove the AC power cord and discharge residual power by depressing the power button before working inside the chassis when removing or installing motherboard components.

Please work in an anti static environment when doing anything with the motherboard.

Tom

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation