Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx

The red light has been bugging me because i don't like the theme, and it's also too bright. I've had the computer for about 2 years i believe, but i recently began to change up the lighting in my room. I've downloaded the omen command center and updated drivers, but the lighting tab doesn't show up.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
most of these models do not have this option
Please give the product number

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
the only solution might be to disconnect them, if that bothers

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My product number is: 2PV18EA#UUW

HP Recommended

OMEN by HP 880-103no Desktop PC Product Specifications

HP OMEN Command Center

so unless I'm mistaken, indeed, that cannot change

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ok. Is it an easy way to disconnect the light or replace them?

HP Recommended

I don't think it's hard to disconnect
look on this picture, we have the indications for the lights

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/document/c0617728...
you just have to identify the right wires to disconnect
As for replacing them, however it may be more complicated
but I seem to have read something about it before, I'm looking to see if I can find it, but I'm not sure it will help!

{edit]

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Disconnecting-HP-OMEN-880-LED-l...

sorry i don't know if this is the right chat
I can't read everything because I'm not an English speaker I'm wasting too much time

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.