Abadomen
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a window panel for the HP omen 870-244

HP omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
There isn't a problem but I would prefer to have my gaming computers with a side window panel to see the internal components. Does anyone know a place where I can find a compatible side window panel for the computer/tower? I already have the computer itself. I'm just looking for the side window panel itself.
2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
21,890 21,517 2,483 8,253
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Abadomen, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you try HP Partsurfer to see if HP has any of the side panels with viewing window.  I know that the latest, greatest Omen cases can be bought with the window in them.

If you are so inclined, here is a very good video on how to make a panel with the viewing window:

The only other suggestion that I can make is, find a case manufacturer who makes the cases with the side window and see if they can make one for your case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Level 2
24 16 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same system/case. You think you might consider is the ventilation. The side panle on mine has a grill vent. If you replace the side panel with a see through, you lose the grill. IMO, the ventilation in the 870-xxx cases is pretty minimal. There is one fan in the back for exhaust and the intake is the grill on the side.

In addition, IMO. the inside of the PC really doesn't lend itself to being visible. I love my system, but the inside is just a standard PC case, nothing to show off IMO unless you are going to do more mods inside.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation