Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X case

Is there an Omen X case manual anywhere? I just received my empty Omen X chassis-- $600-- and was stunned to find no documentation at all was included: there's only a useless pamphlet which tells me, in 30 languages (I counted), to go online for product support and manuals, and an equally useless DVD that has nothing but regulatory and EULA stuff, also in 30 languages.

So I go to the HP support site, type in "Omen X case", and get this silly document that does nothing but point out external features of the case.

The case is very complex and it's not at all obvious how to do things like install the power supply or optical drive. There are cables with connectors I've never seen before, and one of the 4 HDD bays is home to another unknown connector.

I've reviewed dozens of computer cases for online review sites and built many systems over the past 20 years. The Omen X case is like a puzzle box: some panels attach with spring-loaded latches which you press a button to release-- but only after removing a safety screw. Other panels are attached with magnets; some simply snap in and out (but you have to know where to pry.)

So I'm pretty much stuck until I can get some documentation on this thing. If it exists, which I'm beginning to think it does not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found several User Guides at the following link, including a very detailed Omen X Hardware Reference Guide.

Omen User Guides

2 x HP Firebird 802 + 2 x HP 2159m monitor + Windows 7 Home Premium + Windows 8.1 Pro
GeForce Driver Version 266.58 WHQL installs correctly without modification.
GeForce Driver Version 296.10 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but Nvidia Control Panel is broken.
GeForce Driver Version 341.44 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but 2-way SLI is broken.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @david418,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I found several User Guides at the following link, including a very detailed Omen X Hardware Reference Guide.

Omen User Guides

2 x HP Firebird 802 + 2 x HP 2159m monitor + Windows 7 Home Premium + Windows 8.1 Pro
GeForce Driver Version 266.58 WHQL installs correctly without modification.
GeForce Driver Version 296.10 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but Nvidia Control Panel is broken.
GeForce Driver Version 341.44 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but 2-way SLI is broken.
HP Recommended

I can't actually access the Omen User guide with the link provided "Error 404: There is no content available."  Is there an alternate url that works?

HP Recommended

I just checked the link, and it worked fine for me...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.