Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X Desktop PC - 900-260XE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I am interested in getting an internal optical drive for my OMEN X Desktop PC - 900-260XE, if that is an option. The PC Hardware Prod Number is 2SS03AV. I tried speaking with three different HP groups via chat and telephone and am still looking for a good answer. CD/DVD Read type at least. Blu-ray would be a bonus. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Dontgetscroogld

It looks like the Omen X 900-200 (latest) series did not come with the ODD assembly as an option.

The previous series 000 and 100  did and it was only a standard DVD drive, Blueray not an option.

I assume you dont have the hardware to mount an dvd drive either.

You can see where the ODD would be located on the case in the image below.

Omen x 900-000 series case.PNG

You would be much better off to simply use an external dvd drive, rather than try to make your case accept a dvd drive because the cost to buy parts is too high in my opinion.

Example:

External DVD drive will average approx $20-$40.

External BR DVD will average approx     $50-150.

Parts for Omen X that you will have to order through HP...

ODD assemmbly for omen x 900.PNG

And you will have to also have a sata cable and make sure the PSU will have power that can reach the tray.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Dontgetscroogld

It looks like the Omen X 900-200 (latest) series did not come with the ODD assembly as an option.

The previous series 000 and 100  did and it was only a standard DVD drive, Blueray not an option.

I assume you dont have the hardware to mount an dvd drive either.

You can see where the ODD would be located on the case in the image below.

Omen x 900-000 series case.PNG

You would be much better off to simply use an external dvd drive, rather than try to make your case accept a dvd drive because the cost to buy parts is too high in my opinion.

Example:

External DVD drive will average approx $20-$40.

External BR DVD will average approx     $50-150.

Parts for Omen X that you will have to order through HP...

ODD assemmbly for omen x 900.PNG

And you will have to also have a sata cable and make sure the PSU will have power that can reach the tray.

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks much! That helps. Cheers.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. If this answered your question, please mark it solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.