Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wtshaze
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just Purchased, HDMI output doesn't work along with it says the warrantee is out

HP Omen X 900-035vx

I purchased this item (Omen X 900) on January 16th 2018 and anxiously awaited its arrival. Upon arriving I set it up and connected it to my monitor with a HDMI(Omen) to DVI-D(Monitor) converter. Nothing showed up on the monitor.  I was a little puzzled because my past HP computers work well with it. I turned it off and on a few times to see if it would work but It didn't.   I moved this heavy computer to my TV and tried hooking it up to it with HDMI cable I was using for my PS4.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  

This lead me to go online. I typed the serial number in to verify my computer and it said the warrantee was expired.  the warrantee for this PC apparently was from October 28th, 2016 to November 21st, 2017.  I was under the impression this is a new PC and thought that I atleast had the 30 Day warrantee with this.  At first I was just wanting a to get a fix for the HDMI or whatever is messing up the video output, but now I am looking into a refund instead. 

I have put in for the Warrantee dispute since I can't do much with support which is why I come here.  My PC doesn't work and I need the fastest route to a refund/return.  I have loved HP all my life but this is really upsetting, especially how I sold my old HP the day before this one came in and I am in need of a computer instead of having to use a relatives computer like this for work purposes.  Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just Purchased, HDMI output doesn't work along with it says the warrantee is out

Hi

I will pass the warranty issue to a moderator.

Are you plugging the HDMI cable into the correct HDMI out port on the PC?

You need to use the PCIe x16 knockout slot HDMI out port. This connection is not located on the main I/O shield.

The 6700K processor has integrated video. This port is disabled when using discrete graphics.

Tom

0 Kudos
wtshaze
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do you mean in regards to the "You need to use the PCIe x16 knockout slot HDMI out port. This connection is not located on the main I/O shield." does this mean I don't use the port on the case itself that is meant for hdmi?

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Take a snapshot (using the Windows Snipping Tool) of the HDMI out port you are using.

Use the Insert Photos Toolbar option to upload the image.

Tom

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Where did you purchase this PC?

Have you talked to the retailer about the warranty problem?

Tom

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,232
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it will help clarify what Grzwacz is saying about which HDMI port, look at this image showing to use the HDMI Ports on the vidio card itself, not the I/O shield. Yours should be similar.

Omen X hdmi ports.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation