Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

The box was damaged when FedEx delivered to the correct recipient's shipping address.

You should have a valid claim against FedEx.

Regards

HP Recommended

The box could have been damaged before it was delivered to the INCORRECT adress Then the delivered attempted to save face and haphazardly repackage the box nd deliberatly place bogus shipping decals to cover up more areas of the box that was open or damaged. Again we decline the box and the driver took the box back to the wearehouse.

It now a new set of issues, My account says pending.. But an email said priority overnight shipping.. the later it best the worse it gets for us. We're very tempted to call this whole thing off as this is went far beyond what it should have 3 days of not getting this order right, reordering canceling then reordering again. Now HP is sitting on their hands because now they say they have to wait on the damage box to return to their facility before they can authorize another shipment .

Told me wife I've had it I want this caneled, but she said wait till 2:00 pm to find out what HP is sitting on their hands as fedex has the damaged unit. In otherwords, they jumped the gun by sending us an email saying overnight delivery which isn't going to happen the longer they wait.

HP Recommended

Here's the latest,

The wife just text me saying that she's caneled The order. HP you really screwed up by letting FedEx deliver your products, if the driver had only stopped to think whom he was delivering to and ready the address and the name on the ticket, this all could have been avoided.

So not only did fedex screw up by trying to delivered a damaged an opened box to the wrong location then tried to cover his as by attempting to retake the box and get us to sign off on it.. HP NOW is making us jump through hoops to try and get another computer sent out. 

HP we're not going to play that game, as you thought we wouldn't file a complaint with the police department and now we'll file a complaint with our local BBB We're personally going to make sure others here about how you handled this and others should void doing business with you in he future.

End of line..

HP Recommended

Hi,

Maybe a Forum Moderator can take a look to see if anything can be done to fix this.

Good luck.

Regards

HP Recommended

@AmpLighter

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

To whom this may concern,

Although this issue has been corrected (canceled the order) I'll reserve the right to remain here unless the mods feel that I don't have anything worthy of saying. The reason I'm asking to remain here, is that because we canceled the order, I may have located a sweeter deal elsewhere off the HP site.

I'm sure many HP reps have spoken with me via their live chat sessions, the issue remains, A fellow named Vince informed my wife over the phone when she called HP, that once he gets the information HP will send out a new computer asps "priority Overnight" but when I checked the account, it did not move and kept saying pending.. The wife called again and couldn't locate this Vince fellow. Those she spoke with kept saying that we needed to jump through hoops in order to have a new system sent out. In otherwords.. we're not going to play game.. Vince told my wife Up front that Hp would send a new one out today, but lied to us.

Next, because I'm on a tablet, I'm unable to use 'll the forums features as the screen is too small nd my fingers too big. So I apperate the support all of you have offered. But it's apperant HP was willing to take our money hours after we purchased a system and NOT follow through with the delivery. I informed them that they need to disconnect themselves with using fedex s their main contracted as the drivers are rude and inconsiderate.

If you've not read above what happen, let be refresh you memory.

According to HP tracking we were suppose to have gotten our computer early Tue 22nd. For more than 12 hours I sat by the window waiting.. when I checked the tracking system it said the computer was delivered and signed for by someone we don't know nor does this person live in our area.

Clearly we contacted HP and fedex right away. Both HP nd fedex said they need to create an investigation case. Along with this The Hp rep said that we need to contct the locate police and file a complaint, which we did. However the police said that because the computer was not delivered or placed on our porch, there was nothing the police could do until FedEx completed their investigation.

Wed rolls around and at or about 8 pm est, fed ex shows up at our door with the box in hand.. throwing the box on the front porch then has the nerve to ask us to sign off. The box looks as if it had been opened, retaped, with a big hole in the side. The driver claims that he mistakenly delivered the item to another location, but was able to get it back the next day..

When I told the driver that we I'd filled a stolen item report with the police, he went ballistic claiming I was harshing him etc. He then called his supervisor. My wife came out and told him we refused the damaged goods. The driver took the damaged case back to his truck and drove away.

Throughout this entire time for 1 week I've text HP and fedex updates on Twitter and other sites..as my wife called them personally. It was starting to get crazy, no one knew what the other one was doing.. Needless to say the last person my wife spoke to said give them till 4 pm today to correct this.. My wife simply said she's had enough and canceled the order.. now HP reps are waiting for a damaged package which we didn't damage nor did it arrive at our house the first time. Clearly this package was damaged & opened somewhere between leaving the HP facility, delivered to the wrong address then delivered to us in a torn, mangled opened box.

I feel we're being held captive in this matter. The main thing is, if we ever order anything from HP they must not use fedex as the drivers do not care for us or those package they threw on our porch then asked that we sign off on his mistakes. We'll not tolerate this type of attitude.

Again pardon the typos as I'm currently on a small tablet with big fingers.. So if you can correct this, good luck. All we need now if for our funds to be redeposit back into our account so We can simply move on.

Couple of things We've learn during this whole Fedex/HP fiasco:

1:  Never trust an HP salesman cause they are just like used car salesman.

2: Never order anything only as you could prob find a better deal at a retail location.

3: If you must have it delivered, use UPS or an alternitive delivery serives.

4: Never sign off on someone's mistake damaged goods are their issue not yours

5: If any order never research your door file a police report just so that it's on record.

6: Inspect the package if you happen to have ordered it, if it looks botched, dented, bent, torn & retaped don't sign for it.

7: If the package never arrives at your door but the tracking says it was, take down the name of those whom signed for it. In our case someone we dont know signed for it which we never gave autherization.

Hint:

Did you know that if you're not home, FedEx can get anyone to sign for your item and leave it with them even if you didn't give them authorization to do so. In other words, if you're not home and a package arrives, anyone walking by can sign for it. This has got to change as our package required a signature, OUR signature..

HP Recommended

Next to last update on this, checked my email this morning and it says that HP has accepted my return and has credited our account. But checking our bank account shows nothing has  moved. Will give it a few more days and check back..

I would have to say that HP has handled this very well even with the lying or simply confused sales reps.. But over all, I would have to say this has been one of the worse buying expernaces we've ever had to endure. Not because of HP but because of how Fedex hqndled this nd the driver had the gall to try and get us to sign for a damaged product think and acting as if the product was simply late or as if there was nothing wrong with the product.

Again to those who wonder.. once the item leaves the HP facility, all bets are off. Clearly this package went to another location, where someone we don't know singed for it, the packed stayed  at that last delivery location where as those whom signed for it could have taken the unit apart, stolen items off the unit or even swapped an older unit with the new one. Then the fedex driver return to that location claimed he made a mistake and then repackaged the unit and acted like nothing ever happen.

Clearly the package looked opened, damaged and retaped and attempted to hand his unit off to us 2 days later..

I've said my peace and now must wait to see our funds returned back into our account..

HP Recommended

Final Update

This all started Fri June 22nd 2018 nd has just ended July 2nd 2018. One weeklong waiting and wanting a computer that never came to be. All because FedEx delivered our computer to someone else which we didn't know and it was signed for by those persons and left at their house for at least 24 hours until FedEx realized they made a mistake. In an attempt to correct their mistake, fedex was able to acquire the computer, repackage it and attempt to get to get us to sign off on it. An open and mangl3d box was not worth signing for and we had no clue as to if whom ever signed for had done anything to the computer. We simply didn't want to be held liable for something we didn't do. Thus creating a police report upon HP's  suggestion.

At or about 2:00 our funds have been returned to our account and we can now move on. Again we do not or did not hold HP at fault here. More over we do hold FedEx at fault and will never have anything delivered to us by FedEx again. Take our advice, never use fedex for any reason [edit]

What's next? We've located a better deal and it's local so we don't have to ha e anything delivered. Again wanted to thank the HP support forums for barring with us on this issue even though they may or may not have been able to do anything.

HP Recommended

Hi Amplighter,

You have been made whole again.

Good to see HP reversed the charge to your account.

Regards

HP Recommended

Finally I can return to what this topic was suppose to have been about. As of tomorrow morning and because we're unable or unwilling to order anything online and not have anyone deliver the products to us, we'll have to drive more than 4 hours away in order to purchase a computer suitable for my needs. I may or may notnreport back next week with my findings as I'm going to be extremely busy setting up the computer and working on those back logs tbat have accumulated for the last 4 months. However what I can say, it this will be the first new computer in more than 10 years, the first computer that utilizes AMD components which I've never had before & the first time I'll have to use an HDMI connection for a monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.