Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Obelisk Desktop 875-0129
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having problems with this new PC, purchased two days ago, with LAN/WiFi and Command Center.

The LAN disconnects, not often but at random, and I am unable to connect to WiFi, not reliably anyhow.

Command Center takes forever to open.

I saw a post where someone mentions having to get new drivers for LAN/WiFi, are there any, which one should I get?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Stef666 

Are other programs also slow to open or is the system slow to boot?

Reason I ask is because it sounds like either a corrupt installation of Windows, or a bad drive considering you're having several odd behaviors.  It wont be the first time a new pre-built had this happen.

You could mess with drivers but I highly doubt its going to help at this point.

Just my opinion...

I would run the UEFI Diagnostics tools and check the hardware first for issues.

At boot, rapidly tap the F2 key as soon as you hit the power button. When the menu opens, choose Component Tests and run the short test for the hard drives. IF nothing is found, run the extensive/long test. You could also run the Full Extensive Test for everything if you wish. It will take a few hours to run. Keep the power cord plugged in when you test.

If nothing is found, I would consider reinstalling Windows and start over before you invest any more time into trouble shooting. If the same issue is happening after a clean install, you have a hardware issue. At that point, I would contact HP Support for Warranty.

You would need an 8GB USB pen drive and use the MS Media Creation tool to make the bootable drive.

Create media Windows 10

Tip: If possible, I would disconnect the HDD first before installing. This will make the install much easier. Once you confirm the SSD is running as it should, then reconnect the HDD.

Let me know what you decide.

Edited to add...  The Omen Command Center I would install last of all. Use this link to install with...

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Then force Windows to search for updates, even if it shows its up to date. Do this a couple of times so Windows will install the needed HID files the OCC needs to run correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.