Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just noticed the other day that the lighting on the front of my Omen 870-244 isn't working right. At first I just noticed that the lighting towards the bottom wasn't the same as the rest (e.g. with the lights set to solid white it has two spots of yellow towards the bottom) but after messing with it I noticed that when switching to the "Color Show" option it just completely disables the lights. Everything is updated and I tried reinstalling Omen Control but that didn't help at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Cubs4LIfe 

I assume you are out of warranty considering what model that Omen is, correct?

Sounds like the LEDs in question have burned out partially. Does not sound like a software issue.

That part number is Printed Circuit Board - SMT RGB LED, 10pcs LED, 27.5 Pitch Part number: 824386-001

HP does not sell resell that part. But I did some surfing on the web and found a few stores that claim to have them.

Here is an example: https://www.impactcomputers.com/824386-001.html

Perhaps you can find one and replace it.

I doubt a wire has come loose or broke off from is solder, but it would be a good idea to also check for that too.

That's the best I can offer. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Cubs4LIfe 

I assume you are out of warranty considering what model that Omen is, correct?

Sounds like the LEDs in question have burned out partially. Does not sound like a software issue.

That part number is Printed Circuit Board - SMT RGB LED, 10pcs LED, 27.5 Pitch Part number: 824386-001

HP does not sell resell that part. But I did some surfing on the web and found a few stores that claim to have them.

Here is an example: https://www.impactcomputers.com/824386-001.html

Perhaps you can find one and replace it.

I doubt a wire has come loose or broke off from is solder, but it would be a good idea to also check for that too.

That's the best I can offer. Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast and very helpful reply. Sounds like I might be out of luck. Maybe I'll check with Best Buy since I have their total tech support and see if they can get the part and fix it for me since I wouldnt trust myself enough to try and replace it myself. Thanks again for all your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.