Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk 875-0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this computer this past Saturday.  I started loading up my games.  When I start playing one of my games (WoW Retail), after several minutes or more, my computer starts with one long loud continuous beep.  Nothing seems to crash, the game is still on and functioning and I am able to open my browser, no crash of the OS.  I have no clue what is going on.  I am not super techy, but if any of you can just guide me a little here to troubleshoot, it would be much appreciated.  I know some things about computers but I am not in the biz, just fyi

Thanks!

PS.  When I close out my wow game.  The beep goes away.  It doesn't seem to happen with WoW classic, or when I am just doing normal activities on my computer, such as browsing the internet or using word, excel, etc.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I updated the BIOS just now, went back in to play Wow retail, and for about 15 minutes all was good.  Then I exited retail, went into classic, and immediately the long beep started again.  I videotaped it.  Nothing crashed, and when I opened my Chrome browser (while still in the game) the beeping stopped.  I am just perplexed.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I updated the BIOS just now, went back in to play Wow retail, and for about 15 minutes all was good.  Then I exited retail, went into classic, and immediately the long beep started again.  I videotaped it.  Nothing crashed, and when I opened my Chrome browser (while still in the game) the beeping stopped.  I am just perplexed.  

HP Recommended

It seemed that my old speakers were the problem.  When I unplugged them from the computer the long beep from the computer stopped.  I went and bought new speakers and now I am having no issues.  Weird....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.