Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-252na Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First of all, I am looking to upgrade this pre-built pc with a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 4 GB GDDR5 Samsung Memory/PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card, however, I am unsure what PSU to buy due to the fact that the PSU will need to be a small one but with 500 W or 550 W. I have had a look myself, however, don't feel I can find a suitable product which was reliable and had good reviews please may I have some help? The current PSU size roughly is 14 x 13 x 9 I think I am not 100% sure. This is the PSU in the desktop currently: 180 W uATX Energy Star 6.0 internal power supply

Desktop:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-550-200-desktop-pc-series/9259612/document/c0494919...

GPU:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Samsung-Memory-Express-Graphics-Black/dp/B0797XLR9Z/ref=sr_1_1?ie=...

PSU which I think will fit but I am unsure which is the best product to purchase:

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Alex176
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see you need help in upgrading the Graphics Card, on HP Pavilion 550-252na Desktop PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 180 W uATX Energy Star 6.0 internal power supply installed on the PC.  

To get the answer to this question, You can upgrade to the RX 580 Nitro but you'll need a power supply of 400 W or greater. An extra adapter is not required for the PSU but make sure you select the right form-factor. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Will the PSU fit in the case though?

HP Recommended

@Alex176

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, Yes! you can refer to these details in order to purchase the right product: "Power Supply - Ortega, 180W, ATX, E-star6 PSU, 230Vac"

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.