Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Evening.

I have a HP Pavilion 690-0022na Prebuilt Gaming Desktop. Im looking at replacing the Hard drive or adding an SSD if there's enough slots, maybe  add another stick of RAM which i've done previously was 8GB now 16GB. The big one is im looking to upgrade my GTX 1050Ti 4gb to something stronger. Wondered if anyone has previous experience as im confident with replacing but having trouble with compatibility and size of potentially a new GPU and whether it would fit in my case. Looking for recommendations and pricings if possible.

Many thanks in Advance

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Danny1434 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06068914

It has

• 16 GB PCIe NVMe 3D Xpoint M.2 Solid State  (Optane)
  • 2 TB

The best option is to replace Optane with 1TB or 2TB of M.2 NVMe SSD and use it as boot drive using following simple steps

1. Open Intel Rapid Storage Technology application, then Click on Intel Optane, then Click Disable.
  2. Find your SSD slot/ M.2 SSD Slot which contains Optane Memory.
  3. Remove the screw.
  4. Lift up and release the Optane Memory.
  5. Replace the slot with the new SSD

The next step is to move Windows 10 and applications to new SSD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that. Now with regards to GPU replacement. I need something better for my games as I’m not hitting the recommended requirements on GPU which means I’m playing on low quality. I would like recommendations that will fit in nice without me actually having to buy a new case. 

HP Recommended

What is the power supply in your 690? If you have the 400W PSU there are a lot of options. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it only has a 310w PSU Inside. Is that going to cripple my upgrade options and am I going to have to get that replaced also?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that doesn't leave you too many options, you should try to get the 500W one or at least the 400W PSU. 

HP Recommended

Probably should also mention that your desktops Lincs motherboard does not take a standard PSU as it uses a power connection proprietary to HP. Here are the PSU's that will work for your motherboard.

The 400w part number is L04618-800

The 500w part number is L05757-800

From what I can find, neither are sold through HP Parts in the UK, only USA. You may have to search other sources to find them in the UK. Perhaps eBay or similar?

HP Recommended

Hi really appreciate your help in all this. I have found one for £100 gbp on Amazon which I’m okay with but I’m not an expert on pricing. Also with changing the psu so I can change the GPU, am I going to have to recase my system if so are there recommendations for this available ?

Thanks in advance 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.