Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

OK then.

@JohnLp1  did you reinstall Windows just before this happened? If so, how did you install it?

I suppose if you could post a screen grab of your System Information window, it will help. But you would want to block out the Serial number before you post it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

No I haven’t reinstalled any OS 

396AF76C-04BF-4731-B3ED-E5580D0B0D70.png

 is that what y’all are talking about I didn’t see my SN number 😕

idk what the photo won’t work...

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2021-01-25 102944.jpg

HP Recommended

@JohnLp1  that's the advanced version and will work, thanks.

I'm not sure whats happened to your system.  It might be that another update will correct itself.

Or you could see if rolling back to a previous restore point will work. If its enabled, I would roll back to a date prior to when this started.

How to use a Restore Point...

Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel,andthen choose it from the list of results

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

4. In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

5. Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

Notes: 

• If you don’t see the restore point that you want to use, select the Show more restore points check box to see more restore points.

• If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. Here’s how to check:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel,andthen choose it from the list of results.

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and see if the Turn on system protection option is selected.

• If the Turn on system protection option is not selected, system protection isn’t turned on and there aren't any restore points. In this scenario, you won't be able to recovery your PC using a system restore point and will need to use one of the other recovery options listed on this page.

• If the Turn on system protection option is selected, continue with step 6.

6. You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close> Next > Finish.

HP Recommended

What if I move all my games to the 1tb hard drive and then reset the whole pc?

HP Recommended

Yes you can absolutely do that as well. 🙂

I usually get a lot of flack from users when I suggest reinstalling windows. But sometimes its the fasted way to clear up a glitch.

There are two ways you can do this...

1. Use the generic Media Creation Tool directly from MS (Create media Windows 10) (requires an 8GB usb thumb drive). It will only install windows. You will have to reinstall any HP software yourself. I gave you the links to the necessary files for the Hub earlier.  The HP UEFI Diagnostics partition will no longer work. You will want to do a "clean" install meaning do a custom install and delete all the partitions from the main drive when it first starts the install process.
    Also recommend disconnecting other secondary HDD before installing to reduce installation problems.
  2. Or you can use the HP Recovery download tool (Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) ) (requires a 32GB usb thumb drive). This will install Windows and the drive will be reinstalled as it was from factory with the necessary partitions intact. But I still recommend disconnecting the secondary drive to prevent a possible drive wipe on it. Just a precaution if you dont have it also backed up to another external drive.
HP Recommended

And just confirmed the SSID of your motherboard was typo'd in the specs page. Its corrected now and you do have the latest bios already. So you are good to go there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.