Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0067c Gaming Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Topic: I need to upgrade my MOBO for my New HD
Author: rgh43- (Level 3)
Date: 11-09-2019 04:14 PM

Rgh43-

Product: HP 690-0067C

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC is just out of warranty  in Oct with HP. This issue has been going on since i bought this PC.  What I'm trying to find out from HP is what MB I should install to get the speed up.  They can’t answer your question, can’t seem to transfer you to anyone that can.  You are transferred to someone who is supposed to help you with your question and they end up telling you they will give you to someone else but you will have to pay $15 and do so without any guarantee that they will be able to answer the question or help you at all. Really, $15 to answer a question?  I bought this HP at Costco, an HP690-0067c that has a Mother Board that in my opinion is old outdated and not fit for the current types of Hardware on the market. As I have found out you can’t upgrade or really do much in the future with this PC, you will need to buy a new one.  Had I any idea of this and all the shortcomings of this PC I would not have wasted my money.  It will not support a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 500GB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x 4 Solid State Drive (V-NAND) to its fullest extent. It will only support it to PCLe Gen. 2 X 4 when the Samsung HD is capable of 3.0 X 4. This is ½ the speed either write or read that the HD is capable of.  I want to or tried to find out from HP Support which of their MB’s will support my Samsung fully but none of the people can even tell me that.  My MB has a M2 plug in it for the new drive but doesn’t help when the MB will not support it. 

I have spent a great deal of time on the phone with support for NADA.  What I need and cant seem to get from HP is what MB can I replace the existing one with to achieve the correct speed from my Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 500GB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x 4 Solid State Drive (V-NAND) to work up to the speeds it is capable of, currently I get Write or Read speeds just over 1600.  According to Samsung I’m getting half of what I should get.  Other forum help answers I get tell me I should be over 3000+.

Greetings,

I am not a HP employee. HP 690 series PCs use a proprietary: chassis, motherboard, and power supply.

The chassis and MB do not conform to standard uATX specifications. The power supply does not use a standard 24 pin MB connector.    You will have to buy or build a new PC if you are not satisfied with this PC. 

Regards    Grzwacz

*************************************************************************************************************

I apologize as this is a long time since I replied to the answer to my original question.  I would like to clarify some of the points you made so I have a clearer picture of what I need or can do to fix my problem.   

What exactly does this mean to me? Will I need to buy a new Case and Power supply? 

Bottom line, will my Ryzen Processor AMD Ryzen 7-1700, AMD Radeon RX 550  video card or anything else I can remove from the old case fit into or onto a new MOBO. I will first try to find a new MOBO that will fit into my old case, if not then a new case with a new MOBO.  My current HD is a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 500GB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x 4 Solid State Drive (V-NAND).

Think all this is possible,

I know and have used at lest 2 different PC shops that do excellent work that would sell me the needed parts if my processor will fit into a different MOBO.  That seems to be the question if I understand this.  This HP is no faster than my old AMD Athlon 3 core 3.2 GHZ processor & MOBO and that is 10+ yrs old. I really feel that I have bought a Cadillac with a 4 cyl engine rather that the V8 I thought I was getting. 

HP 27XW Monitor
HP Pavilion dv6t 3000 Select Edition Entertainment PC
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rgh43 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can contact local service center.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Have you considered just getting a new motherboard, PSU and a case and transferring all the components over? That would unfortunately be your only option if you want to keep your CPU, GPU, Memory and Storage. 

HP Recommended

Rgh43-

Product: HP 690-0067C

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC is just out of warranty in Oct with HP. This issue has been going on since I bought this PC.  What I'm trying to find out from HP is what MB I should install to get the speed up.  They can’t answer your question, can’t seem to transfer you to anyone that can.  You are transferred to someone who is supposed to help you with your question and they end up telling you they will give you to someone else but you will have to pay $15 and do so without any guarantee that they will be able to answer the question or help you at all. Really, $15 to answer a question?  I bought this HP at Costco, an HP690-0067c that has a Mother Board that in my opinion is old outdated and not fit for the current types of Hardware on the market.  It will not support a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 500GB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x 4 Solid State Drive (V-NAND) to its fullest extent. It will only support it to PCLe Gen. 2 X 4 when the Samsung HD is capable of 3.0 X 4. This is ½ the speed either write or read that the HD is capable of.  I want to or tried to find out from HP Support which of their MB’s will support my Samsung fully but none of the people can even tell me that.  My MB has a M2 plug in it for the new drive but doesn’t help when the MB will not support it. 

I have spent a great deal of time on the phone talking with HP Support for nothing.  .  What I need and can’t seem to get from HP is what HP MOBO can I replace the existing Sunflower MB with to get the speed that the Samsung M2 can operate at. My Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 500GB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0 x 4 Solid State Drive (V-NAND) to work up to the speeds it is capable of, currently I get Write or Read speeds just over 1600.  According to Samsung I’m getting half of what I should get.  Other forums that I have posted on tell me I should be over 3000+.  When I have talked to HP 5 or 6 times it would seem they must think I'm speaking Russian as they can’t seem to understand what I want to do.  They won’t let me talk to their Tier 2 Support or actually be helpful in any way.  Samsung on the other hand has provided fantastic service.

New Post  10/22/20*****************************************************************************************************

Yes what you suggested is exactly what I'm trying to do currently, but after watching the U Tube video pasted below I’m concerned it will not work.  Now why that would not work doesn’t make any sense to me. All those parts should be transferable to a new ASUS MOBO

ASUS B550 or B450  that ASUS said would work with my Ryzen 7 - 1700 Cpu.   ASUS says that both MOBO should work with the Ryzen.  I will most likely have to get a new case & power supply, maybe even new memory.  Any guesses why or what the problems were the guy in the Video had while trying to do the same thing I want to do? 

I can’t think of any reason this would not work. Do you think this would work?

Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3z6qd5HSo

HP 27XW Monitor
HP Recommended

You are correct, probably better to get new MB, Case and PSU, there rest of the components can be used on the new hardware.

HP Recommended

Yes, hopefully the video link I sent describing their failure when trying to do exactly what I want to do ended in failure won't happen  They had big problems getting Windows installed etc & had to put everything back into the HP case they just took everything out of.  It did work OK then but you still have the 2 lane max speed which is no speed with the HP, it will not handle 3X4 period.  They can’t tell you which HP board would fit my PC nor if it would run up to the speed the Samsung double speed it is capable of that the HP 690 is not.   As described in my previous post my 11 yr old PC that I built & is still running using a ASUS MOBO, AMD Athalon processor etc runs just as fast as this new HP & this is supposed to be a Gaming PC, this is just a joke everyone would blow you away.  As I said “a Cadillac with a lawnmower engine” Will repost my results when I get it changed over.  As Praveen 196 mentioned I will call HP the 22nd time to see what they say, but don’t hold out any miracle from them.

HP 27XW Monitor
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.