Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk HP 875-0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the maximum GPU dimensions that will fit into the Omen Obelisk including width. Will a triple slot card fit?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

What specific OEM graphics card are you looking at? I have installed a Asus RTX 2080 2.7 slot card that is almost 12 inches in length. This card is installed in a mid-tower chassis. The Obelisk is a uATX chassis.

I have not worked with this chassis. I can tell you HP ships this chassis with RTX 2080 graphics cards. It looks like HP uses about a 10.5 inch modified GTX or RTX graphics card. The card length and TDP is modified to fit in this chassis and work with some lower powered HP factory installed power supplies. 

Some retail GTX and RTX cards (like the Asus card) are dual slot at the PCIe backplate but can occupy up to 2.7 slots in the motherboard.

You would have to measure to see if you can go with a longer card that takes up more than 2 slots across the motherboard.

The 2080 requires a minimum 650 watt PSU. You may have to upgrade the PSU if you buy a retail graphics card that fits in your chassis.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.