Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a new OMEN 30L desktop, I added  8 gig memory, itis running at 2400 instead of 3200, how do I fix it

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HunterBE,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Did you add an identical (brand + model) RAM stick?

What are/is the model numbers of your old & new RAM?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I called KIngston and was told that the current Memory was identical to the one in my comp. , they changed the name and part number. it was HyperX and now Fury

HP Recommended

@HunterBE,

All right, let's look at this in more detail.  Please provide the following comprehensive RAM information (see red squares).

Easiest to obtain using the very useful freeware utility program "Speccy" from here ("Download Free Version"): Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free! (ccleaner.com). Please note that in my RAM example, all RAM sticks are identical. No serial numbers, please, as per HP User Forum rules.

NonSequitur777_1-1656272534405.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.