Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880 76 - Amd 1700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have installed new RAM: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/vengeance-lpx-black/p/CMK32GX4M2B3000C15

I can´t choose the right XMP 2.0 profile, and could´t overclock the RAM modules in AMD Master software to the right spec. Are there other ways to get memory speed to 3000mhz instead for 2166mhz? 

COU-Z.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@skumcat , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the laptop?  You can find this information by opening HP Support Assistant.  Please don't furnish the Serial Number or other personal information.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Well, it´s a desktop (in a gaming desktop forum)

The full product name is:  HP Omen 880-076no

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @skumcat .

According to the Motherboard Specifications, the motherboard only supports DDR4-2400 memeory.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications and may limit some of the functions.  For this reason, the board is not compatible with DDR4-3000 memory.

Here is the memory that Crucial Memory recommends for your motherboard.  As you will see, it is all DDR4-2400.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.