Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Omen Obelisk 875-0014. I just upgraded my RAM with two sticks that should have been 2666 Mhz as my motherboard supports. However, they were rated with XMP which the motherboard does not have, and they are defaulting to 2133 Mhz CL15 which my Google Fu tells me is slightly better than 2666 Mhz CL19 which I had before (but now I have dual channel memory). Since having this issue, i have learned a lot of XMP, SDP, and JEDEC. So I have a simple question? Is there a way to get better performance? Is the slow performance memory at 2133 Mhz  the best that it can support since it is CL15, or should I RMA and get different RAM that hopefully won't rely on XMP to get to 2666 Mhz? Woumd such RAM even work at CL15?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

see just for information ,

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/I-can-t-change-the-XMP-profile/m-p/7939056

for various reasons I advise not to try
if your modules are not compatible, the best is to replace them

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-0000a/23302709/model/23574497...

sometimes the crucial site is a good solution

Welcome to Crucial USA

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Not sure I understand. IXTU will not work on my MB. My RAM is rated for 2666 Mhz CL15 so the modules are compatible in that regard. Im just wondering if other modules would default to 2666 MHz or if this is a MB issue. HP documentation is lacking.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but if it doesn't work normally, you probably have an incompatibility problem.
nothing to do in any case, apart from what is mentioned in the link, if the speed is incorrect!

except for a simple problem of reading information given by a utility, it sometimes happens...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So what I am asking is should I buy different RAM or is this the best I can get with this motherboard. My previous RAM was a single stick of 2666 Mhz CL19 which is basically the same minus being single channel.

HP Recommended

it's up to you, because there is no certainty..
it is sometimes difficult to get the right result
the crucial site generally gives the right modules, provided you select the right ones, sometimes when several proposals ..
but I do not force you to use this site, and not 100% guaranteed anyway
Now, given how little difference it's hardly noticeable most of the time in operation
I did the test with an hp computer, which did not have enough memory, I used modules from another model
it now has more memory, but at a lower speed, and it works much better though
you can consult the link, I don't have time to check everything, but there is certainly what you need!

OMEN Obelisk 875-0014 has single HyperX 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM. ...

!forgive me, I only just saw that you had answered (problem of notifications)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.