Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank you very much for your help and support  !!!

I have Monitor HP V214A. 

There is an audio input on the monitor HP V214A. 

I tried to connect the headphones to the audio port on the monitor HP V214A but there was no sound to the headphones.

1.How can this be explained?
2.What can be connected to the audio input on the monitor HP V214A ?

3,I connect the desktop computer and the monitor HP V214A via an HDMI cable , the audio input on the monitor  HP V214A is free, but I hear a sound from monitor , How can I explain this?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@grigtar 

Your monitor has a Audio Input port, NOT a headphone out port. The input port is ONLY for connecting audio from the Desktop to the little speakers installed on the monitor - if you are connecting the video with the the VGA cable.

You cannot use Headphones on the input port. Remember our discussion on input/outputs for your desktop on your other thread?

HP Recommended

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

My mother has  HP computer. A quad-core AMD Ryzen 3 Pro 2200G processor with an AMD Radeon (TM) Vega 8 Graphics graphics core with 4 Gb RAM (3.5 Gb available) DDR4-2666 (1333MHz). 

Computer has two ports VGA  and HDMI. 

Motherboard chipset AMD B350 AMD K17.1 FCH, AMD K 17.1 IMC

What is the maximum resolution a port can give computer

-VGA Port ?

-HDMI Port ?

Monitor HP V214A has resolution FULL HD and 2 Ports HDMI , VGA.

Which port of HDMI or VGA of mother's computer  is better to connect this computer to the monitor HP V214A or does it not matter?

How can this be explained?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.