Highlighted
Level 3
53 35 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor HP V214A

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank you very much for your help and support  !!!

I have Monitor HP V214A. 

There is an audio input on the monitor HP V214A. 

I tried to connect the headphones to the audio port on the monitor HP V214A but there was no sound to the headphones.

1.How can this be explained?
2.What can be connected to the audio input on the monitor HP V214A ?

3,I connect the desktop computer and the monitor HP V214A via an HDMI cable , the audio input on the monitor  HP V214A is free, but I hear a sound from monitor , How can I explain this?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,107 10,919 1,132 3,262
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor HP V214A

@grigtar 

Your monitor has a Audio Input port, NOT a headphone out port. The input port is ONLY for connecting audio from the Desktop to the little speakers installed on the monitor - if you are connecting the video with the the VGA cable.

You cannot use Headphones on the input port. Remember our discussion on input/outputs for your desktop on your other thread?

Level 3
53 35 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Monitor HP V214A

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

My mother has  HP computer. A quad-core AMD Ryzen 3 Pro 2200G processor with an AMD Radeon (TM) Vega 8 Graphics graphics core with 4 Gb RAM (3.5 Gb available) DDR4-2666 (1333MHz). 

Computer has two ports VGA  and HDMI. 

Motherboard chipset AMD B350 AMD K17.1 FCH, AMD K 17.1 IMC

What is the maximum resolution a port can give computer

-VGA Port ?

-HDMI Port ?

Monitor HP V214A has resolution FULL HD and 2 Ports HDMI , VGA.

Which port of HDMI or VGA of mother's computer  is better to connect this computer to the monitor HP V214A or does it not matter?

How can this be explained?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!1

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation