Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-010

The desktop just arrived and I attempted to hook it up to my monitor with HDMI but the monitor couldn't find it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Bksmith17 

Make sure you are using the correct HDMI port.

There is one that should have been blocked out in the IO sheild. Then there is one on the Video Card itself.

You need to use the one on the Video Card.

This photo isnt exactly as your Omen system, but should give you the idea.

omen 870.JPG

Does this help? Let us know.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help but that's the one I've been using. I'm going to try to buy a DVI or display port this evening will that work.

HP Recommended

If the monitor and HDMI cable works on another computer but not the new one, you may have a hardware issue.

Here is the link to HP Support. I would contact them asap. You shouldnt have to purchase a displayport adapter or cable (if thats what you meant).

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Ok so I hooked the pc up to my tv and it worked why is that.

HP Recommended

IF the HDMI port worked to connect to the TV, then the port is working.

Did you use the same cable? Might be a loose connection or such when connecting to the PC monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.