Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using an Omen 870-224 Desktop connected to an Acer Predator XB241H monitor. I've connected multiple consoles to this monitor and ran it with no flickering problems whatsoever. I recently bought this Omen Desktop and connected it only to find it occassionally flickering every once in a while on Chrome (usuallly on youtube or pinterest). I've checked the hdmi cable multiple times to find no fault with it. I've even used several other hdmi cables to find the issue persisting. I've even had the hdmi port checked to find nothing wrong with it. 

Like I said, this monitor worked flawless connected to other consoles and laptops; however the moment I connect it to this desktop it would occassionally flicker. I've noticed that others seem to have experience the same issue with hp products.

I updated the bios and other software from hp support website. Tried restarting multiple times but the flicker would still occur every once in a while.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Is the issue specifically with the Chrome Browser? Not games or other browsers?

Ive heard others having the stuttering issue with video and Chrome and Nvidia cards.

Two things I would try that may or may not work for your situation:

1. Disable Hardware acceleration in  Chromes Settings.

• Open Google Chrome.
  • Click Customize and Control Google Chrome > Settings.
  • Click on Show advanced settings and scroll to the System section.
  • Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available and restart Google Chrome.

or

2. Fix the Widevine CDM folder...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ah99jm/a_complete_fix_for_stuttering_videos_in_the/

Otherwise, I would contact HP Support directly for warranty help...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.