Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Computer (790-0068)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I got my new computer (a gaming desktop) yesterday. I've had laptops before, but this is my first desktop computer. I also got a new monitor yesterday as well. My problem is that my monitor will not recognize my computer. I tried connecting it to my set top box as well as my Fire TV, and they both worked. But when I try connecting it to my computer, I get nothing but a "No Signal" message. I even tried connecting the computer to my 55' HDTV, and that didn't work either. I do have the keyboard and mouse plugged into the usb ports on the back of the computer. I also have the monitor's HDMI cable plugged into the only open HDMI port on the back of the computer as well. There is another HDMI port near the top that I tried to use first before I realised it was blocked off with some kind of black object inside of it. I hope I didn't accidentally push it further inside. When I press the power button on the computer, it does light up, and I hear the beeping  and the fans. Just nothing on the screen.  My computer is an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i5 8400 (790-0068) with  a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card - Windows 10 Home. My monitor is an LG 29UM59A (UltraWide). 

I just hate that I spent $1,200 on this setup, and can't even use it. If anyone can help me out, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HEllo @Stan_Laurel

Sounds like you have a defective video card.

Try pulling the power cord, then holding the power button down for 20 seconds. PLug the power cord back in and power it on. Anything happen? If not, you would do best to take the desktop back to the store for an exchange.

Do you by chance have another HDMI Cord to plug it into for testing?

HP Recommended

I already tried that before I posted because I saw a similar question and answer on here, but it didn't work. I'll try it one more time. I did already try another HDMI cable from my TV, and still no picture. I ordered it online so I'll have to go through a longer process to return it. Thanks anyway. 

HP Recommended

IF thats the case, then contact HP Support and let them help you. You are entitled under warranty.

Its your choice. Good luck.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Choose the country you are in, then choose Support and follow the prompts.
NOTE: Options and hours of operation vary between countries.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.