Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 875
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm really looking to upgrade my ram amount however, my maximum is 32 gb. I understand I need a different motherboard but I have no clue what's compatible. Any ideas? I want it to run 64-128 GB.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@verybest2pt0 

There are MANY series of Omen 875-???. Normally same series uses same motherboard. Which series are you talking about ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have a 875-0030qd CTO.

HP Recommended

@verybest2pt0 wrote:

I have a 875-0030qd CTO.

@verybest2pt0 

It is a CTO machine (CTO means Configure To Order or Customize To Order) therefore you can ORDER a machine yourself using available options.

All of them use SAME motherboard. If you wish more RAM, you have to find a different machine. From my research, new machines with Intel Gen 11 (or 10) probably have options with 4 banks of RAM and support 128GB. In many cases, they are gaming machines or business machines.

You already have  875-0030qd CTO machine which is one of the following options

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06166230#AbT0

As you can see, its motherboard only has 2 slots of RAM and supports 32GB max. No option to get more RAM. It is much better to build a machine yourself.

Regards.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.