Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk Model 875-0014

Greetings-  

Totally new here and don't speak tech talk!  My son's motherboard on his computer burned out and I'm looking for a good suggestion on a replacement.  I've taken it to a local repair shop and also the store we purchased it from.  I was online at Microcenter chatting and the gent wasn't able to give me any suggestions on what to purchase.  He said right now we have an EDORAS Motherboard and I might need to replace it with the same thing.  

The store I purchased it from said to just make sure it was compatible with socket LGA1151, unfortunately they didn't have any in stock but said if I could purchase one and bring it in they could fix it.  

Help- 2 very different suggestions form 2 different places.  

Anyone else have this problem with their motherboard and what did you replace it with?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@COcomputerMama , welcome to the forum.

The suggestion to replace it with the same motherboard is correct.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications and they are not always the same as retail boards.  This means that the holes in the motherboard may not match the stand-offs in the case.  This can cause major problems if any part of the board touches metal because it is not supported properly.  Also, the front connectors in the case may not match another board.  Here is the Part # and description of the board: L23867-601 (Edoras, Intel, CFL+H370, WIN)

I believe your best option will be to go on ebay.  They normally have new HP motherboards available for a reasonable price.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.