Elementwing4962
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard Upgrade.

HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello. I have a HP Pavilion case that has a AAHD2-HY motherboard. I have had some trouble finding an upgraded motherboard for the case. Is there a better motherboard that can be installed? I don't care if I have to tinker with the case a bit to fit the outside ports. And yes, I'm using it for gaming which is why I would like to upgrade it a bit.
2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
21,980 21,615 2,492 8,299
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard Upgrade.

@Elementwing4962, welcome to the forum.

HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, some of them may have proprietary components and the holes in the case for the motherboard may not be standard.  It is difficult to know which retail motherboards will fit.  One of the problems that I have seen is, the connections for the front controls (Power button for example) in the case are not always standard.  I am always hesitant to recommend motherboards to members for these reasons.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Level 2
13 13 0 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard Upgrade.

Looking at the documentation for your motherboard, looks like a pretty basic, run of the mill microATX motherboard. Builders these days, even the big box builders, pretty much stick to industry standards for the majority of their systems. Its much cheaper to buy a standard component than it is to build custom ones. Just make sure you follow to guide that come with your board to make sure youre hooking everything up correctly. The front header plug is probably going to be the only questionable one for you, but the only plugs that matter about the way theyre hooked up are the LEDs for power and HDD.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation