Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 700-414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer crashes whenever I launch Destiny 2, but it did not crash when I ran rocket league. 

There is no message when it crashes, the screen freezes, and the only thing i can do is hold down the power button to shut if off. It crashes after about 5 minutes of play, not right when I launch it. 

I also downloaded new drivers for the GPU, motherboard, and chipset, but it still crashes. 

I was running task manager when it crashed, and nothing was above 50%. 

The GPU is a little dusty, would it fix anything if i bought compressed air and cleaned it? I've had this GPU for like 3 years, and have been running destiny on it for 2, and it has never done this. 

Is there anything that i can do? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sage97 , welcome to the forum.

When I have had this happen to me it was always the game that was causing the crashes.  Normally, the problem was solved by finding any patches for the game and installing them.  I suggest that you go to the official website for the game to see if others are having the same problem.  I have found that my problems were definitely shared by others playing the games.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.