Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP omen Desktop that is stuck on its logo screen when starting up. I originally tried to open the BIOS but am unable to. At this point I have no clue what to do as I am getting no response from the computer other than the startup and being stuck on the logo. Anything helps thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Juhjuhbinks Welcome to HP Community!

Here's what you need to know and do, to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Remove discs and devices

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove any discs and USB devices.

3. Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

4. Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives.

5. Leave only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected.

After you have removed all discs and devices, turn on the computer.

• If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time, to determine which disc or device is causing the problem. If the issue is solved, troubleshooting is complete.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, press and hold the Power button to turn off the computer. Do not connect anything, and then continue troubleshooting.

Step 2: Perform a hard reset

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a Hard Reset.

After you have completed these steps, if the computer startup issue is resolved, go to HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7), and then go to HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows) to update all device drivers.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Juhjuhbinks Welcome to HP Community!

Here's what you need to know and do, to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Remove discs and devices

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove any discs and USB devices.

3. Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

4. Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives.

5. Leave only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected.

After you have removed all discs and devices, turn on the computer.

• If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time, to determine which disc or device is causing the problem. If the issue is solved, troubleshooting is complete.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, press and hold the Power button to turn off the computer. Do not connect anything, and then continue troubleshooting.

Step 2: Perform a hard reset

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a Hard Reset.

After you have completed these steps, if the computer startup issue is resolved, go to HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7), and then go to HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows) to update all device drivers.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.