Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Riddle_Decipher

Yea, a faster startup 😄

Jokes aside, I can live without fast startup but it ain't normal that a pre-build pc has as many problems as I've seen now. Can't give these Omen Obelisk Desktops any good review.

HP Recommended

@Ovecarleone Actually, the fast startup only has like 2-5 seconds of difference and that's unnoticeable to be frank, unless it is for you than that's a different story, that said, it looks like that's creating a glitch with the OS and the only other way around this is to reset windows, and that's a lot of work, so you take the call.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you try changing your power options for shutdown?

HP Recommended

Hi Keevot.

I had the same issue. Nothing relating to Power Management will help you. Ignore all suggestions about Fast Startup, Power Profiles, or updating Intel MEI drivers. The issue is the poor Omen Command Center app. It comes with a buggy implementation of the Intel XTU service (the overclocking module). The solution is to deactivate it by opening Services (Windows+R and then type services.msc) and right clicking any service containing the name XTU and switching it off.

A solution is to install the official Intel XTU software. I also had luck overwriting Omen Command Center's DLL files with Intel's official ones.

Let me know if you need further help with this, I spent weeks to locate this issue (installing software one by one after a clean format) and I am 100% positive my diagnosis is correct. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello @Duamutef_MC

Did you install the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and it did overwrite the HP ones? I've seen someone else saying that this had resolved his problem but it wasn't a HP computer.

I know that the HP software ain't good at all but I didn't know it was that bad.  If I had the chance I'd clear everything of HP away from the System even the broken BIOS settings (which cannot be changed!)

HP Recommended

Hi! A simple install of Intel XTU should overwrite the DLL library used by the XTU service. You can see the specific file path by opening services.msc and checking the service properties. The DLL should be located in the Windows\System folder.

It is ok to have buggy software. What I find *way* more infuriating are the canned, condescending, scripted responses from HP's support team, often so oblivious to the issue as to be comical. E.g.: "Your app is buggy for this specific set of reasons!" "Hi, <copypasted name>, I understand you are having issues with your pc. Did you try rebooting? If it doesn't work reset the entire machine. If it fails just bash your head on the keyboard. If this solved your problem click here! {Proceeds to mark the issue as solved}"

HP Recommended

Hello Duamutef_MC

Could it be that if you install the official Intel XTU driver (which I've done) the Omen Command Center won't work anymore?

I treid to reinstall Windows again with a Windows reset but the command center won't work anymore. It can't even be found or installed by the system.

HP Recommended

This is because - similarly to Nvidia Control Panel - the Omen Command Center is now only available as a Windows Marketplace App. Download it from there. It will be installed in the hidden directory WindowsApps of your C: drive. If it gives you pain simply overwrite the specific Intel XTU .DLL files with the newer version you can find included in the latest version of Intel XTU.

Please click Accept Solution now! ^3^

Just kidding. Let me know if I can be of further help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.