Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Obelisk 875-0x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see in the moria motherboard specs that it only supports the Ryzen 2xxx series, not the 3xxx (e.g. 3700x) chipsets. Why? This is a AM4 socket don't we just need a BOIS update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @macpharlan1!

You are absolutely correct!  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications and use them in many different models, with different specifications.  Therefore, they are not necessarily the same as a retail motherboard.  So, it may be possible to find a Moria board with a different chipset.  I am not fully familiar with it.  HP tests all of the components listed in their specifications to assure they are fully compatible with the motherboard being used.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@macpharlan1 , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

HP Recommended

4WP40AV

I guess only some of the high quality motherboards of the 450 chipset can handle the new generation, this one is the moria one and must not. I also notice you can''t go higher than 65w on the CPU power, so even 2nd gen ryzen you can't do the 2600x or 2700x.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @macpharlan1!

You are absolutely correct!  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications and use them in many different models, with different specifications.  Therefore, they are not necessarily the same as a retail motherboard.  So, it may be possible to find a Moria board with a different chipset.  I am not fully familiar with it.  HP tests all of the components listed in their specifications to assure they are fully compatible with the motherboard being used.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.