Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0235se
Microsoft Windows 11

2 days ago I had received this issue where my pc can load a game but not for long before it would crash (The more taxing of a game the shorter the time it would take for it to crash) this has happened to me before as the first time it would just crash my PC I had even hard reset it deleting everything on the computer and even that did not work so they had sent me a new one. The most recent events that have happened are my cyberpunk 2077 crashing  and me downloading the new graphics card driver anything else I can't remember at this time but these are the two that come to my mind.I would be most appreciative if someone could help me find out and stop this issue from recurring.

Please and thank you

Winslow

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@WinslowIsABi , welcome to the Community.

I have had this problem several times in the past.  It was normally caused by a patch that I had not installed.  I know that Steam updates their products each day, but read this article about a Patch for Cyberpunk 2077.  I am not certain that it will solve your problem, but it is a good place to begin to find the solution.  Patches can include updates that are not published.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Well the thing is that almost all my games (except for minecraft) crash after a short while this problem was somewhat solved by me unplugging the pc power cable for at the least an hour. This problem now is a bit worse as it forces me to hard shut off my computer in order to continue using my pc. I have tried downgrading my Geforce drivers but that didn't work but I was able to use my pc although with it taking a little bit for it to look right as videos turned green until I pressed play and it had forced me to be stuck on discord. Idk what is going on all I know is that this is the second time of me having this pc and it breaking like this.A list of things that they replaced with the first one was the graphics card DT Bezel and their repairing actions were Driver updated and/or Reloaded, replaced parts, and Extensive testing.This is all I know that fixed the previous one and I am now worried that it is either the place that I have my pc set up or is the actual product being useless after some time but I hope that I can get it fixed.

HP Recommended

hi

waiting for the return of @old_geekster 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-25l-gt12-0000i/33492320/model/37779063/document...
@WinslowIsABi  it says here, original windows 10
we see here, that you have indicated windows 11
Have you noticed any problems with windows 10?
where do you have these problems but after a new windows 11 update
check the temperatures with the software, at rest, and in game

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So with HWMonitor it showed me that my PC was over heating but it turns out that isn't the problem as when I load up overwatch it tells me that the "rendering device has been lost" and with xbox games that I had downloaded it tells me that my video drivers crashed so I am now thinking it may be the graphics card but I still have no Idea what I am doing

HP Recommended

(correction)I fixed the overheating problem but my games still crash.

HP Recommended

Sorry, please wait until @old_geekster  returns

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@WinslowIsABi, did you have the same problems with Win 10 or did they begin when you updated to Win 11?

HP Recommended

This had happened way after the windows 11 update as I had got it the day after it had released and my problem started around Monday or Tuesday.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @WinslowIsABi!  This eliminates one problem.  We know the problems are not necessarily caused by Win 11.  Since it appears that the problems are only with games, I suggest going to the websites for the games to see if others are having the same problem.  If not, there is something they don't like on your computer.

I am wondering if it may be your power supply unit (PSU) causing the problem.  If it is failing it can cause the symptoms that you are experiencing.  Games can draw a lot of power.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.