Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 870-024nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. my omen 870-024nl with 16gb ram dual channel recognize only 8gb single channel. I have tried to change the RAM order and i've tried to serch a software solution but i haven't got succes. I have tried to use only one of the two RAM bench and individually they work properly. I want to solve this problem, someone can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Are you still covered by HP warranty? If so, then raise this problem with them.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are both of these modules the same / supplied by HP?

How are they fitted, in which slots?

What do you see when you boot your PC up in BIOS / Hardware Diagnostics?

Did you run Hardware Diagnostics?

Did you move modules around?

Etc.

I had some unexplained issues with second memory module that I added to the PC once I bough it - Windows was randomly crashing etc. You can read about it here - may help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade-amp-HDD-install/...

(I have the same MoBo so probably it's fair to assume that there was some lack of contact there - never experienced that problem before! And once sorted late March all is good)

HP Recommended

Hello. Thanks for the reply but i have 2 originals hp ram modules, fitted in slots 1 and 3 (bute i have tried also 2-4, 1-4, 2-3), when i have done hardware diagnostic it was resulted passed and the pc haven't any problems in the quotidian use. The problem is that my omen recognize only one ram module in single channel.

HP Recommended

OK, but I'm still not clear whether it's a PC (hardware) or Windows (software) that sees half of your RAM.

Can you check whether it's 8 or 16GB reported in BIOS / Hardware Diagnostics in the first place?

Also, what RAM modules you have? Can you check using CPU-Z? Are they both the same, i.e. module type etc.?

Most importantly, are you still covered by HP warranty? If so, I suggest you speak to HP Support about it.

HP Recommended
Hello thank for your reply. In the bios is reported 8gb in single channel. I have already checked that the other module still works. The problem is that in the bios are reported onluly one ram modile in single channel for time.
HP Recommended

Are you still covered by HP warranty? If so, then raise this problem with them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.