Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i play assasin's creed odyssey or assasin's creed origin, my pc does a strange noize (it's coming from my graphique card). When the noize stop, my game freeze for a little bit. Can anyone tell me how to fix it and what is the cause?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BaconJr_ , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

Also, is the video card original to the computer or an upgrade?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

the product number is 4NN49AA#ABL

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @BaconJr_!

When you hear the noise is the fan spinning on the video card or does it stop?  I suggest that you clean the video card with canned air if you haven't done so recently to see if that helps.

HP Recommended

when i hear the noise my fan is spinning and i will try to clean my video card but my pc is relatively young so i don't know  if that will help.

HP Recommended

@BaconJr_, I suspect that your video card is failing.  The noise most likely is being caused by the fan.  You should check to see if there is anything rubbing against the fan when it is running.  This could cause the noise that you are hearing, as  well.

HP Recommended

so do you suggest that i need to change my video card or just check if my fan is rubbing against something?

HP Recommended

Does it sound like a high pitched noise or screaming? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.