Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2260xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello y'all, I bought this pc about a year ago and have only recently started having problems with it. Whenever I play valorant my pc seems to freeze up leaving me no other choice but to hard restart it (ctrl alt del won't work). This issue never happened when I first got the pc. I tried everything: reinstalling Windows, updating drivers, physically opening the pc, deleting and reinstalling valorant. I think I've been able to narrow the issue down to fact that my RAM is simply being overused; I usually have discord, 2 chrome profiles, and spotify running when I play valorant. I had the same applications running about a year ago when I first started using the pc, however, they never seemed to be the reason for the crashes. I'm not sure if they are now, but I just don't know. The pc specs can easily run valorant on high settings but I have everything minimalized, could the pc components just be getting old? If so, should I upgrade the amount of RAM? If so, is this PC compatible for a RAM upgrade?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm open to getting more RAM if it would solve the problem (yes I have disabled as many startup apps as I could and yes windows is up to date).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.